Sunday, February 24, 2013

Dazed and amused


The girl with the pink umbrella 

"Why on this earth you want this one !! Its a plasticky bright colored umbrella and  we have no sign of rain in near future." I double checked on the accu-weather app.
"Because its pretty." She smiled batting eyelashes . 
5 minutes later . A drizzle started. With the umbrella in her hand, she looked at me and I could see the Olympics gold medal winning grin on her face. "See, I told you. "
(F@#k you accu-weather.)



King Julien (Made in China)

"Oh, I love this cute little soft baby. I want it."
"Let me see. Ok. This looks ugly. Its as ugly as king Julien from madagascar."
"Look at its big eyes. Aww. I love it. I want it."
"See". I pointed at the tag. "Its made in china. You know they employ child labor in plastic factories. We should banish Chinese items."
She frowned. Gave me a cold look. "Ok, fine. Don't get it for me. I will buy it for myself". Then made that whimpering, simpering  cute little sad face.
(kill me.. kill me.. I couldn't stand that look for any longer. I surrendered) "Ok, its cute. Lets get it".




The scooter

"Seriously. Do I look like a kid who likes toys ?."
"Shut up! Its a gift. So you have to love it. Its pretty."
"Ok. I never said that its bad. But I am a 26 year old guy. Can't you get anything that suits my age ?."  I replied  readying myself to say sorry in my next statement.
"Listen you stupid engineer. This is a perfect gift from a girl to a boy." With her usual flares. "Now accept that its nice."
"I do."


P.S.
On any normal day I am a guy with a stubborn head. I don't listen to people much and blabber at my own will.

No comments: