Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cubicile Blues

So after a hectic ( if you can call 30 hrs of sleeping as hectic) weekend, i am back in the same old 4X4 cubcile of mine .cables , wires , switches , routers all around. Seems like back in wonderland and lost.

I greeted her & smiled.
she replied as expected and then thought for a while and added,”How was your weekend? I hope you must have cleaned your room”.
I quickly replied that the weekend was great because I din’t clean my room.
Completely surprised, she asked,"Then what were u doing the whole weekend?”
"Slept”. and a grin flashed ..

”Do you know how does it feel to live in a clean room?”
I thought for a while." I don’t remember actually. The last time it happened was some 4 or 5 years back. Hard to recollect”.
She rolled her eyes as if she was auditioning for a scary flick .
"You mean you never clean your room !!!????”.
" I don't need to. Everything was there where I had thrown it last time”.
Unable to understand that I didn’t want to talk, the dimwit continued,” Where do you sleep then?”

I tried to remember and said “On the floor. The bed had too many things and I didn't want to make the floor dirty once again.”
Enlightened by truth, she looked at me as if I was the most uncouth person she has ever met. Trying to change the subject I just asked her,"How was your weekend?”
“That’s none of your business”. And she was back to work.

No comments: